TrackIR5 Software 5.4.2.27545 Freezes directly after startup

Samuzyzy

TrackIR5 Software 5.4.2.27545 Freezes directly after startup

Post by Samuzyzy »

Hi Everyone!
I'm currently experiencing an error with Track IR freezing immediately after starting the Software.
The only way to close it is via the TaskManager. Upon starting it again it freezes immediately into "No Response" State.

I successfully used TrackIR5 on this System in the close past (in the last 14 Days), but now its not working anymore.

So far I tried the following:

1) Uninstalled -> Reboot -> Install 5.4.2 again. - No change.
2) Uninstalled 5.4.2 -> Reboot -> Tried older Version (5.4.1 and 5.4.0)
3) Updated Drivers for Mainboard / Chipset and GPU
4) Manually installed a Net Framework 3.5+ Package to ensure Net Framework not being an Issue.
5) Ran 5.4.2 in Win7 compatability mode with admin rights (I'm already Admin on the System, but still...better safe than sorry)
6) Unplugged Track IR Sensor and Track Clip Pro -> Started Software -> Still instand Freeze / No Change

I'll attach a dxdiag.txt as well as a screenshot of the error I'm facing.
Maybe someone of you knows a solution.

Thanks in advance!
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR5 Software 5.4.2.27545 Freezes directly after startup

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Samuzyzy,

What happens if you delete Settings.xml and ProfileMap.dat from C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5? Does your software launch successfully? If not, try unplugging the TrackIR, launching the software and then plugging it back in.

Let me know if either of these steps help. If they don't, please check Windows Event Viewer for any TrackIR-related errors.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative