Finding solution

anagysm

Finding solution

Post by anagysm »

Hi all,

We create software that moves a motorised table supported on one side. The software should compensate for the bending at the end of the table, since it is important that the end of the table is at the specified point. To do this, we would like to use the features of OptiTrack, where we would also like to get the 3D coordinates of the markers. We ran into several problems. One is that we are not sure if we should use the Motive API or if we need a different library to achieve the goal. Our software is written in C# .NET 6 and we're not sure about the interfacing of the Motive API calls are perfect. We have created a wrapper in C++ to call functions in the API, but after initializing it, the whole program freezes and then exits without an error message. We also created a console application to try the functions, it runs the initialization and we can use the functions, but we see an error message, which we don't really understand what is causing it.
QWindowsContext: OleInitialize() failed: "COM error 0xffffffffffff80010106 RPC_E_CHANGED_MODE (Unknown error 0x080010106)"
Fatal error. Internal CLR error (0x80131506)

Could anyone have suggestion, guideline or something useful to reach the goal?

I can share the created wrapper and the related C# code.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Attila
gakec

Re: Finding solution

Post by gakec »

anagysm wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:41 am Hi all,

We create software that moves a motorised table supported on one side. The software should compensate for the bending at the end of the table, since it is important that the end of the table is at the specified point. To do this, we would like to use the features of OptiTrack, where we would also like to get the 3D coordinates of the markers. We ran into several problems. One is that we are not sure if we should use the Motive API or if we need a different library to achieve the goal. Our software is written in C# .NET 6 and we're not sure about the interfacing of the Motive API calls are perfect. We have created a wrapper in C++ to call functions in the API, but after initializing it, the whole program freezes and then exits without an error message. We also created a console application to try the functions, it runs the initialization and we can use the functions, but we see an error message, which we don't really understand what is causing it.
QWindowsContext: OleInitialize() failed: "COM error 0xffffffffffff80010106 RPC_E_CHANGED_MODE (Unknown error 0x080010106)"
Fatal error. Internal CLR error (0x80131506)

Could anyone have suggestion, guideline or something useful to reach the goal?

I can share the created wrapper and the related C# code.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Attila
I also wanted to know this, please if you have found the solution, guide me.

Thanks in advance.