TrackIR Software Not Working

andsul6

TrackIR Software Not Working

Post by andsul6 »

Hello all,

Recently my software for TrackIR has stopped working (5.4.2). I have tried all of the steps listed in other threads to fix this problem but nothing works. If anyone has a solution, please let me know because I have only had this product for less than a year.
RobE

Re: TrackIR Software Not Working

Post by RobE »

Hello,

I recently purchased a TrackIR 5: optical head tracking system with the TrackClip PRO BLACK.

It arrived yesterday and today I tried to install it. I have had a number of issues with this and I am at a loss as to why it is not working.

My system is as follows:

Legion 5 15ACH6H
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows specifications:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎27/‎07/‎2021
OS build 19045.3324

I followed the instructions exactly which were provided with the pack, but when I click on TrackIR, the window opens but the camera does not turn on. Then the software states no device detected and then it freezes. I have to manually turn my PC off using the power button in order to get rid of the system which is 'not responding'.

I have gone online and tried a number of troubleshooting techniques such as uninstalling (including removing all TrackIR and NaturalPoint from regedit.exe and the AppData folders. NOTHING is working.

Please can you help with this? I am at the end of my tether having spent a whole day trying to sort this. Perhaps it is a software issue where it is not working with Windows 10?

Either way, I would really like it to be fixed and I don't know what else to try. I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Thanks,
Rob

EDIT: If you start the software first and then plug the camera in, it works. Otherwise the software freezes and you can't force quit (you have to hold down power button on PC). You must remember to unplug camera before turning off software, otherwise it crashes.

Thanks.
Last edited by RobE on Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi Rob,

Would you please make sure that you have Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 installed, both the x86 and x64 versions?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
CatalinSerafimescu

Post by CatalinSerafimescu »

I have the exactly the same problem. VS C++ Redist 2013 installed
AMD Graphics card (up to date), primary display on DP, but I can't help with this
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello CatalinSerafimescu,

Would you please make sure you have both the x86 and x64 version of the VS C++ Redist installed? Do you have more than one graphics card showing under Device Manager > Display Adapters? Was your TrackIR working until recently, or is this a new installation?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
DDeckard21

Post by DDeckard21 »

Having the same issue. Just bought it and having issues on Windows 11. C++ already installed. I did connect the device before installing the software which might've caused the issues.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello DDeckard21,

If you are comfortable doing so, please follow the below steps to reset registry / software / driver entirely (I strongly recommend backing up your registry before making any changes):

1. Unplug the TrackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs. This is the device driver
4. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location (APPData is a hidden folder). If you have tracking profiles you wish to keep, please back up this folder instead.

-C:\Users\[Your.Username]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.

6. Open regedit.exe as an administrator. Please be careful not to change other items than the ones listed below.
7. Search for and rename labeled as "NaturalPoint" to "NaturalPoint-00". The default location for this is Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NaturalPoint
8. (If there are any other old references to NaturalPoint or TrackIR from the older version of the TrackIR within the registry, you may want to rename those as well.)
9. Reboot PC.
10. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
11. Right-click and install as an administrator. At the beginning, you will be prompted to install the device driver. Make sure this gets installed. Please let me know if you don't get prompted for this.
12. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, right-click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'. (This only needs to be done the first time.)

Let me know if this process helps.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe