Unboxed and Installed and crashes

cacciato2006

Unboxed and Installed and crashes

Post by cacciato2006 »

I've seen similar threads in the past about crashing on startup. When I start the program it pops up for about a second and crashes with no other information. Is anyone else having this same issue again? Is this a known issue?
Thanks,

Ryzen 9 7900X3D
B650 AORUS PRO AX
Corsair DDR5 32gb
Radeon RX 7900XTX
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Unboxed and Installed and crashes

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello cacciato2006,

This kind of crash is usually caused by a setting or driver issue on your computer that may be causing a conflict. You may be able to find information about the cause of the crash in Windows Event Viewer. You can also try reinstalling the TrackIR software and making sure you have the C++ Redistributables for Visual Studio 2013.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
Simo

Post by Simo »

I had few months break using TrackIr, and once I got back SW crashed of start and did not even find the camera. It was weird since I could not even turn off TrackIr from taskmanager. It used 16-17% processor and I was not able to shutdown computer normally when it hang.

I tried everything that was suggested in other threads including removing Naturalpoint references in different folders and Windows registry and installing older versions of TrackIR SW. Did not work.

Then I removed all Nvidia related things from my computer and installed old Nvidia drivers from 2021 (472.12). Now it works normally, but unfortunately this causes few problems with most of the games.

There is some big conflict between new Nvidia drivers and TrackIr SW. Since I am pretty sure Nvidia is not that interested fixing it on their end, the only option is that Naturalpoint does this.....I hope.

Win 10 + RTX 2070S
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Simo,

Since uninstalling the NVIDIA drivers and confirming the the TrackIR is working with older drivers, have you tried updating to newer drivers again? If not, you may wish to try that. It is possible that an automatic update from NVIDIA was not completed correctly or caused a conflict, and reinstalling the driver manually may resolve the issue. Please let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
Simo

Post by Simo »

jillian.smythe wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:44 am Hello Simo,

Since uninstalling the NVIDIA drivers and confirming the the TrackIR is working with older drivers, have you tried updating to newer drivers again? If not, you may wish to try that. It is possible that an automatic update from NVIDIA was not completed correctly or caused a conflict, and reinstalling the driver manually may resolve the issue. Please let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Hi,

Thank you for answer. I tried this and then it crashed with both new and then again with old drivers. So afterall it was not a question of driver version. With a little bit of a troubleshooting I was able to fix this so that it is repetable. Like someone else mentioned in some thread: Turning of the Track Ir from control panel (or unplugging the USB)before opening TrackIr sw, will let sw start normally. Then when device is turned on only after sw is running, it will work normally and for me atleast will not crash.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Simo,

Another user reported that they were able to use the TrackIR all of the time (without disconnecting the device prior to launching the software) after uninstalling Microsoft Edge. If you use another web browser normally, you may want to try this to see if it helps in your situation as well.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe