Setting Marker as a Pivot Point

kpk_mra

Setting Marker as a Pivot Point

Post by kpk_mra »

Hi there!

I'm trying to set a marker to be a pivot point instead of the auto-generated geometric centre. I'm using Motive 3.0.3 and was wondering how this could be done if it is possible.

My initial thoughts came from reading the Rigid Body Tracking section of the Optitrack/Motive Document:
Adjusting Rigid Body Pivot Point
There are situations where the desired pivot point location is not at the center of a Rigid Body. The location of a pivot point can be adjusted by assigning it to a marker or by translating along the Rigid Body axis (x,y,z). For most accurate pivot point location, attach a marker on the desired pivot location, set the pivot point to the marker, and apply the translation for precise adjustments. If you are adjusting the pivot point after the capture, in the Edit mode, the Take will need to be auto-labeled again to apply the changes.
zoltan

Re: Setting Marker as a Pivot Point

Post by zoltan »

I am not sure if you are still looking for this, but we have a manual solution:
  • Create rigid body from markers
  • Click on one marker
  • While holding Shift, click on the centroid
  • Right click (on either the marker or the highlighted centroid) - Marker (1) - Set pivot
This way, the rigid body's translation and rotation will be expressed with respect to that marker. The marker itself does not have to be physically there anymore, as long as there are enough markers for the rigid body transform to be possible.