Pause stops trackir BUT centers the view

sobe

Pause stops trackir BUT centers the view

Post by sobe »

When I pause Trackir in DCS, the view goes back to center and stops trackir. I thought it is supposed to freeze the view you are looking at when you pause trackir. How do I get it to stop centering when I pause it?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Pause stops trackir BUT centers the view

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello sobe,

By default, F12 should center the view, and F9 should pause it. You may have customized your setup and may be using a different key for Pause or for Center, but either way, the key you press for pause should freeze your TrackIR input so you can use other inputs, such as your mouse. When you unfreeze your input, the position of your view may adjust based on your current head position. This means that if you are looking to the right when you freeze your view but looking at the center when you unfreeze it, your TrackIR may seem like it is centered again. You can see this best by testing this in the TrackIR software. When you freeze, try holding your head still and then unfreezing right away. Does the TrackIR still center your view?

If you are still having trouble, please share a video with me so I can see what you are experiencing.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
sobe

Post by sobe »

I am still having the same issue. When I use pause in Trackir, it pauses the view but then switches back to center. I used fraps to show how I looked to the left, hit trackir pause and then the camera snaps back to center in pause. However, no matter how small I made the file in zip, it was to big to attach. Can you send me an email address to send the file to? My email address is [redacted].
Last edited by jillian.smythe on Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed email address to protect the user
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello sobe,

I have reached out to you via email so you can share the video with us.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative