TrackIR Not Responding

duckkiller53

TrackIR Not Responding

Post by duckkiller53 »

Could someone help:

I have been using TrackIR for around 3 years on my current PC. I used it last night and everything was working great. Now as of
today it will not run. I have attached an image of what the program looks like when I try to start it.

What I have tried:
----------------------
I completely uninstalled the program, I deleted the Naturalpoint drivers, I deleted all instances of the program using RegEdit and then reinstalled the application.

I am running TrackIR 5.4.2.27545 on Windows 11 (with all the latest updates)

Note: I have never seen an application in windows that could not be shut down via the Task Manager but this one just will not die. I literally need to force a shutdown and restart to kill the application.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Dave.
williamwest

Re: TrackIR Not Responding

Post by williamwest »

I also have the same issue. Did you find the solution?
duckkiller53

Post by duckkiller53 »

No, and it's major frustrating. I am not sure if it's a USB issue or a software issue. I have reinstalled the latest NVIDIA drivers (no difference) and I have reinstalled the TrackIR software. What is weird is that I reinstalled the software a second time two days ago and it started working again. Then today (Saturday morning) its completely locked up again. What sucks is the process can't be killed, it just hangs and it hangs the computer from restarting or shutting down. I have to kill the power to my PC to restart. I have never seen a process that could not be killed in Windows.

Dave
duckkiller53

Post by duckkiller53 »

One additional note: I am really starting to think that this is a software issue because I just uninstalled both the TrackIR application and the Natural Point drivers. Then I reinstalled both. and Voila TrackIR works. I bet this will fail again after my next reboot.

Dear Natural Point any help with this issue would really be appreciated.

Note: I have both the x64 and x86 C++ drivers installed on my machine.

Dave.
maf

Post by maf »

I also am having this issue. I started playing again last week after a few months, so I can't say when exactly it started. Neither task manager, command line "taskkill" or "wmic delete" are able to close the program.

Windows 11 - newest updates
NVIDIA 3060ti - game ready drivers
TrackIR 5.4.2 (Versions back through 5.2 also break in the same way).
Games: Star Citizen, MS Flight Sim

Windows 11 and NVIDIA seems to be a bad combination for compatibility issues with trackIR. My current work around is to delete the TrackIR software and NaturalPoint drivers when I'm done playing and reboot. When I want to use it again, I reinstall the drivers and trackir software.
Last edited by maf on Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
duckkiller53

Post by duckkiller53 »

To whom it may concern, I believe the problem is my TrackIR unit has just burned out. I have tried everything with software and drivers etc. and I believe the problem is in the hardware. Now no lights appear on my TrackIR unit, I think it just burned out. Very disappointed in the longevity of this system. I have babied this thing and made sure nothing or no one ever touched it, yet it burned out after two years.

Thanks

Dave
martinztti

Post by martinztti »

Same here, the application does not start, and I cant close it with the task administrator, did you find something to fix it?

Thanks guys
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello everyone,

Please verify whether you currently have Citrix Workspace installed on your computer. We have found that users who are having the same problem you described have an extra display adapter listed in Device Manager, the Citrix Indirect Display Adapter, and this seem to be causing a conflict. This conflict isn't limited to TrackIR - other gamers who do not use our software are also experiencing problems. Please try uninstalling Citrix Workspace to see if this allows the TrackIR software to work normally and consistently. If it does, then I recommend reviewing the suggestions here to reinstall Citrix: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ ... 2/?l=latam.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
maf

Post by maf »

I do in fact have citrix workspace installed. The following steps fixed the issue for me.

1. Go to windows update -- install optional updates.
2. Uninstall and reinstall TrackIR and NaturalPoint Drivers
3. Reboot with TrackIR USB unplugged.
4. Open TrackIR and wait until "No device detected"
5. Plug in TrackIR USB

From now on, keep the device unplugged until the software is on and responsive.

I didn't have to do anything with citrix workspace, but the key is starting up with usb unplugged (and probably the optional updates). I don't have the citrix display in the display adapters right now, so that's also likely part of the solution.

Thanks for the troubleshooting help!
Last edited by maf on Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.