TrackIR does not recognise The Bus on certain devices

mrplee

TrackIR does not recognise The Bus on certain devices

Post by mrplee »

Hello,

I am using TrackIR on a PC newly installed with the game (within a month), when I firstly tired to use TrackIR in game The Bus, I found the signal light on the right button of the device did not light up, and in game the TrackIR did not work. I am sure the TrackIR 5.4.2 programme was running before I entered the game, and get the TrackIR setting to ON in the game option.
I went back to the TrackIR software and opened the game list to check it myself, found out the game list did not have The Bus in it. I tried to update the game list by using the Check For Game Updates... link, but after few seconds it returned saying my game list is up to date.
I have another older PC using the TrackIR and already installed with the game long ago, and on that PC The Bus runs perfectly with TrackIR, and with The Bus in the game list.
I have tried to reCheck For Game Updates..., reinstalled the TrackIR programme, or even copy the entire NaturePoint folder from the older PC on to the PC right now several times, but it still cannot recognise the game.
It will be great if some solution can be offered.

Thanks for your help
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR does not recognise The Bus on certain devices

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello mrplee,

Are you running the TrackIR software as an administrator? Please try running the GamesList updates again. "The Bus" should be listed in the Games list, but we were having some server issues last week that may have prevented your list from updating successfully.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
mrplee

Post by mrplee »

Thank you!

I ran the programme with and without the administration identity for serveral times last week, but result in nothing. After your reply I tried again without the administration identity, "The Bus" and some other games immediately pop out in the game list. The problem is solved!

Thanks again for the help!
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello mrplee,

Excellent! I suspect that the issue may have been a temporary problem with our Games List server, which has now been resolved. Happy gaming!

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative