TRACK IR 5 WEIRD SPEED BEHAVIOUR

HighlandFlyer

TRACK IR 5 WEIRD SPEED BEHAVIOUR

Post by HighlandFlyer »

Hi, I have a strange issue using MSFS 2020 where altering the TIR Speed Setting under the Motion Control option is swivelling my eyepoint to the right as I increase the setting using my mouse, any ideas please?
EZSim

Re: TRACK IR 5 WEIRD SPEED BEHAVIOUR

Post by EZSim »

I have the same problem in X Plane 12.

Changed the profiles--got rid of the "red puppy", but, now, it's back--and that includes the violent jumping!
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi HighlandFlyer,

Are you able to share a short video clip that shows what you are experiencing? You may need to upload it to a third party site, like YouTube, make the link public, and then share it here.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
HighlandFlyer

Post by HighlandFlyer »

Not sure my skills will allow me to upload a video but basically I am in MSFS 2020 in the captains Left hand seat of any aircraft looking straight ahead. If I now go into TRACK IR program and try to increase my Motion Control, 'Speed' setting from the minimum of 0.1 my view swivels to the right the more I increase the TIR Speed. If I move the slider back to the left my view centralises again at minimum speed, 0.1. View movement does seem to increase as I increase the Speed setting but my view swivels to the right at the same time?

Thanks for any help.
Malcolm
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for your perfect description of what you are seeing. It sounds like the TrackIR is behaving as expected. The "speed" setting is a multiplier that changes the responsiveness of the TrackIR as you move your head. While TrackIR can be used as 1:1, where the angle of your view in the game matches the angle you turned your head, the TrackIR also has the flexibility to allow the game's angle to be much larger than the movement of your head. For example, if you set the Speed to 4, then moving your head 5 degrees will move your view by 20 degrees. In the TrackIR software, you would see the view swivel from the 5 marker on the x axis to the 20 marker. This user has a comprehensive video that demonstrates this process: https://youtu.be/qdefLYQ9uYA?si=QB6NERygIZFIzHhK&t=367.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
HighlandFlyer

Post by HighlandFlyer »

Many thanks for your reply Jillian. I understand about the multiplying effect but it was the fact that while keeping my head perfectly still looking straight ahead and then moving the Speed Slider to the right causes my view point to swivel right until it is at 90 degrees even though I have not moved my head.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello HighlandFlyer,

Are you able to share a short video of what you are experiencing? You will need to upload it to another site (e.g. YouTube) and then share the public link here). When you are staring straight ahead, are you centered at 0 before you start moving the slider?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe