Software locking up

Konglor

Software locking up

Post by Konglor »

Hi! I have been using TrackIR for around 5 years with no issues, recently came back after a break from simming and am running into the following issues with head tracking:

Everything works fine until I try to use the menu more than twice - for example I can load the software and run everything no problem.. then when needed to re-bind my centre/pause keys I can re-bind centre which works fine, Then I go to bind pause and the software locks up and makes error noises no matter where I click.

Another example is if I click on the "display" option to change to camera view instead of 3D view I can do it fine until I use any other option then everything is locked up again.

Also if I leave the software paused for too long it crashes my game (IL2 sturmovik) when unpaused. When closing the TrackIR software I get the error message "Attempted an unsupported operation"

The software is usable for the time being but would love any help fixing these issues as over time it can become a little frustrating. Am running software version 5.4.2.27545 on windows 10

Thanks!
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Software locking up

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Konglor,

When the software crashes, does it show any error messages on the screen or in Windows Event Viewer? What happens if you run only the TrackIR software and rebind the keys a few times? Does it crash with only the TrackIR software running, or does it only crash when also running the game?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
Konglor

Post by Konglor »

Hi again, Thanks for the speedy reply!

To be specific the software doesn't crash as such, the menu ceases to work while the software continues running - the tracking also still works in game even though the TrackIR menu options are not working. There are no error messages and cannot find anything relating to Naturalpoint or TrackIR in eventviewer. If I run TrackIR on it's own with no other application the issue remains the same.

The only error message is when I close the software and it says "You attempted an unsupported operation" (and sometimes error noises while clicking menu with no dialog).

So in summary it's entirely an issue with the menu (bindings/camera views and profiles) and no problem with the tracking itself, and is reproduced while running standalone.

Thanks
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Konglor,

Do you currently have the software set to minimize on title launch? If you click on the wrench icon in the upper left corner of the software, it will open the general options. You may wish to try unchecking the following: "Minimize To System Tray", "Automatically Minimize On TrackIR Enhanced Title Launch", and "Run Minimized". This should allow the software to remain open after starting your game so that you can change settings. Some of the settings above are enabled by default to maximize performance while in your game or simulator.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
Konglor

Post by Konglor »

Hi again, I have changed these options - unfortunately It has not fixed the issue. I will make a video of the problem occurring when possible, hopefully that can help shed some light!

Thanks again
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Konglor,

Are you able to upload the video to Youtube and then share the public link here? If not, please go to our help page (https://www.trackir.com/help) to start a case with our technical support team. They will reply by email, and you will be able to share the video that way as well.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe