TrackIR recentering itself

iron_fruitman

TrackIR recentering itself

Post by iron_fruitman »

Hello,

I recently (last week) bought a trackIR 5 pro from your french reseller.
Sadly, since then, I am unable to use it : even with my head perfectly still, the view is constantly recentering itself (see youtube video with link below- I can provide the video though other means if YT is not ok).
In the vidéo, I move my head left 55° and stop moving. The software recenters the view around 10° to the right (while m'y head is not moving).

I have set the soft to TrackIR Pro, I have aligned the 3 green LEDs in the center and I made the test with and without glasses, with dim light and in the total darkness. The only way to limit this behaviour is to set smoothness to max and the precision mode. But then, the "lag" makes it un-usable.

Thank you for your help.

Edit : details

https://youtu.be/4fO2MUW_BhM
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR recentering itself

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello iron_fruitman,

I found another post where a customer described the same scenario (https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?t=15629). The suggestion from our customer support engineer was to disable TrueView and leave the tracking mode set to Precision. Would you please try these settings to see if they make a difference?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
iron_fruitman

Post by iron_fruitman »

Hello Jillian,

thanks for you answer and for your help.
I tried the suggestion of the post you linked (disabling trueview while leaving Precision mode ON). Sadly, I did not solve the issue. There is slightly less drift but at the expense of more "lag" between head movement and response.
I uploaded another video if needed (https://youtu.be/sX2qgou__cU?feature=shared).

What else can I try ? I really like your prodct and I would like to keep it and use it.

On a side note, I am sad to report that your french reseller (www.trackir.fr ; is it your official one here ?) is totally unprofessional. They did not provide any help at all despite my request for help and as per local General Terms and conditions, I can request a refound within 14 calendar days.
I bought the product a week ago, sent 2 requests for refound and I have still not heard from him.
Could you help me get my legal return ? Thank you.
Last edited by iron_fruitman on Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello iron_fruitman,

Do you have the same issue when using the included profiles (one:one, smooth, and default)? Are you able to test the the TrackClip to see if it behaves the same way as the TrackClip Pro? If you adjust the curves so you need to turn your head less, do you still get the drift?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
iron_fruitman

Post by iron_fruitman »

Hello Jillian,

Sorry for the late answer. I tested both the clip and the clip pro without sensible improvment (besides the facts I would not have wear a cap). I don't remember if I tested all the included profiles but I tested some that I downloaded from friends.
Modifying the curves (in a plausible way) did not change anything.

I returned the product but beware that the french reseller leaves me no choice but to strongly advise to all the people I know NOT TO BUY trackir due to the commercial practice of this reseller.

Thank you for your support.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi iron_fruitman,

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the TrackIR to work for you. Would you please reach out on our help link (https://www.trackir.com/help) so we can get more information about your experience with the reseller?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
outfieldshell

Post by outfieldshell »

iron_fruitman wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:14 am Hello Jillian,

thanks for you answer and for your help.
I tried the suggestion of the post you linked (disabling trueview while leaving Precision mode ON). Sadly, I did not solve the issue. There is slightly less drift but at the expense of more "lag" between head movement and response.
I uploaded another video if needed (https://youtu.be/sX2qgou__cU?feature=shared).

What else can I try ? I really like your prodct and I would like to keep it and use it.

On a side note, I am sad to report that your french reseller (www.trackir.fr ; is it your official one here ?) is totally unprofessional. They did not provide any help at all despite my request for help and as per local General Terms and conditions, I can request a refound within 14 calendar days.
I bought the product a week ago, sent 2 requests for refound and I have still not heard from him.
Could you help me get my legal return ? Thank you.
Dit is de eerste keer dat ik over dit onderwerp leer. Echt geweldig!