TrackIR 5.4.2 issues with MSFS and Windows 11

homerunhallock

TrackIR 5.4.2 issues with MSFS and Windows 11

Post by homerunhallock »

Good morning,

Love my TrackIR I've had for just about 2 months but I've got 2 recurring issues I'm hoping to figure out:

#1 - While in MSFS 2020, the cockpit camera view will teleport about 10 feet left and upwards, outside of the cockpit, I have to unplug the USB connector and reconnect it which then freezes the sim for 10 seconds and then the TrackIR seems to work correctly after that.

#2 - The software will randomly lock up and I have to end it via Task Manager, this doesn't seem to happen during MSFS, but after idling and/or sleeping the PC

- I typically leave MSFS 2020 and all my associated add-ons running 24/7 until something acts up and needs a restart

- I typically restart the PC every few days

- I sleep the computer every time I'm done with it for an extended period or time/going to bed

- I've looked at the Device Manager and don't see any Power Management settings that might suggest that the TrackIR is being put to sleep by Windows

- I've looked at the Camera View in TrackIR and don't see any interference from lighting, but I do have 2 x Philips Hue Bulbs behind my seat on floor standing lamps about 6 feet high. I also have the Philips Hue Light Strip going around the perimeter of my 49" Sony TV and the TrackIR is mounted directed on top of it (neither of these can be moved/changed)

Any thoughts on explanations of these 2 issues?

Thanks!
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: TrackIR 5.4.2 issues with MSFS and Windows 11

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello homerunhallock,

Please try the following:

1. Right click on the start menu and select Device Manager.
2. Locate Universal Serial Bus controllers.
3. For each item in this list with the word “hub” in its name, double click on the item and go to the Power Management tab.
4. Uncheck the option “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” and press OK.
5. Repeat for all USB hub devices.
6. Restart the computer.

If that didn't resolve the issue, follow these steps

1. Open Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel
2. Select All Control Panel Items
3. Open Power Options.
4. Click "Change plan settings."
5. Click "Change advanced power settings."
6. Find USB settings > USB selective suspend setting in the list, and ensure that it is set to disabled.
7. Press OK and reboot your computer.

If you are still having this issue, please open the TrackIR software and switch to Camera View. Do you see any red dots, which indicate light interference?

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative