New IR 5 IS Not Working in American Truck Simulator

GT182

New IR 5 IS Not Working in American Truck Simulator

Post by GT182 »

I just bought a new IR 5 to use in ATS. My IR 4 quit working too and that was the reason for the IR 5. I've used the Hat Clip and the Track-Clip Pro. Neither works as they should. Natural Point Tracker used to show up in the Options/Control section but doesn't anymore. Tobii is in its place now. Not sure if SCS did this or it's a piece of malware that's taken over. My IR 4 worked very well until the ATS update 1.47 came out and installed.

It starts and runs but when you look left it tracks right. Look right and it tracks left. Up and down are messed up too. Only using pitch and yaw. the rest are unchecked. I've found this link to uninstall... viewtopic.php?t=19470. I'll have to dig into it tomorrow after work to do a complete uninstall.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: New IR 5 IS Not Working in American Truck Simulator

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi GT182,

Please make sure that you are checking for updates to the Games List after reinstalling the software. When you launch American Truck Simulator, is the right LED on the TrackIR camera lighting up in green? If not, please confirm that American Truck Simulator is listed in the Titles list.

I would also make sure that the camera is not rotated physically and that Camera Rotation is set to zero. If you are using the TrackClip Pro, make sure the arm is oriented correctly - see the TrackClip Pro Guide for tips: https://d1rhoi6onixddn.cloudfront.net/d ... _23.06.pdf.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
GT182

Post by GT182 »

American Truck Simulator is in the games list for IR5. Not sure this is correct but I set if to Smooth.

Jillian, I just found the Topic "How to fully reinstall TrackerIR software". I'm going to go thru it and delete all that needs to be taken out to do a proper reinstall. It did pop up that there were things that did have to go when I did a reinstall last week, but I couldn't click on it fast enough. The only update should be the latest software for the IR5, but I already deleted all IR software and redownloaded it.

What I don't understand is there's Tobii Tracker 5 listed at the bottom of Controls in the "Options", but your Natural Point IR is shown for 279 with free shipping. Has someone stolen your Tracker and is selling it for 279.00 with Free Shipping? I've never seen that before the free 1.47 ATS update. Or maybe my ATS has been hacked. :(

I've ran a Tracker for years. Had the first that came out, then an IR3, then the IR4 running IR5's software, and new the new IR5 with the TrackClip Pro and Hat Clip. As said, Until 1.47 I've never had a problem with flight sims or American Truck Simulator. It's always worked perfectly.... until now.

Thanks for your help.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi GT182,

Are you able to share a screen shot showing what you are seeing? We have authorized resellers on Amazon currently selling the TrackIR with TrackClip Pro bundle for $175, so $279 wouldn't even be a good deal.

If you continue to have trouble, please reach out to us on https://www.trackir.com/help, and we can provide more individualized support.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative