Grayscale video keeps hanging

ChemnitzScientist

Grayscale video keeps hanging

Post by ChemnitzScientist »

Hello,

I have accidentally recorded my reference video as Grayscale. From searching this forum I know that it can't be exported, which is very unfortunate. Please correct me if it can be done with Motive 2.3.

Now I would like to use the video in Motive, but it hangs. I used two cameras. Both of them have several occurences where the image just freezes for a while, making a large part unusable. Most of the time just on one camera, sometimes on both. I also have recordings where one camera stays black. The cameras were connected and I did not notice any disconnects. Because I can't export the video, I can't tell if it is a recording or a playback issue. What can I do?
MatthewSilveira
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Grayscale video keeps hanging

Post by MatthewSilveira »

Hi,
Depending on what cameras you are using, there should be an option for a compressed video view MJPEG. We do not recommend having cameras running in Greyscale because of the sheer quantity of data that is coming through. Having multiple cameras in greyscale mod will overload the data stream and you will see exactly what you are experiencing, the data throughput is too large for the video stream to be stable.