Perfomance

Deepak

Perfomance

Post by Deepak »

I am working in an immersion square with three walls and I want to use in total 12 cameras for the three walls.I would like to detect laser diodes position with the help of these cameras.All the cameras are connected with a single pc.I would like to know how the images are recieved at the PC(e.g there are 12 cameras looking for a laser spot on the screen but at one time only one camera will have the laser spot rest all will be blank).SO i wanted to know if there is no marker in the camera image then do you do some onboard processing to reduce the data rate?Are the images recieved at the PC processed sequentially?Will there be any drawback of using so many number of cameras?

Thanks
Deepak

Re: Perfomance

Post by Deepak »

Can someone please reply to my query too
Birch

Re: Perfomance

Post by Birch »

(mostly from the FAQ)

There is no mechanism for exact camera synchronization, however the frames from multiple cameras will arrive for processing interleaved in the order in which they were received.

Camera frames are delivered to the host PC as a 1 bit thresholded image. The marker position data is then computed from this information. This greatly reduces the bandwidth requirement for the cameras. When there is no tracking data present in a camera's field of view, the camera will consume an even smaller quantity of bandwidth.

The marker information delivered by the SDK is not in X,Y,Z physical coordinate space, nor is the data from one camera correlated to data from another. The markers are delivered in X,Y imager pixel coordinates. So, there is no extra processing that is required for the basic marker acquisition when using multiple cameras. However, if you want to extract X,Y,Z coordinates from a marker which is seen by two cameras at the same time, then you will need to write an algorithm to resolve that information from the available data. --Note : You can use the Vector Tracking capability of the SDK to extract X,Y,Z,Roll,Pitch,Yaw information from a single cluster of three markers in a known configuration using a single camera.

The current maximum number of cameras is 12. There should not be any specific issues with this many cameras though it may depend on your exact configuration and the software you may write.

I recommend reviewing the FAQ for additional information.