avi files

wgodoy

avi files

Post by wgodoy »

Dear Sir.,

I would like to clarify some subjects
(I apologize if they are elementary subjects):

- are the images of multiple cameras synchronized by the OptiTrack system?

- is it possible to use softwares like AmCap (or other low cost capture software) for the recording of the video stream in an avi file?

Thank you for your attention.
Best Regards,
Birch

Re: avi files

Post by Birch »

Thank you for your interest, here is some information.

There is no mechanism for exact camera synchronization, however the frames from multiple cameras will arrive for processing interleaved in the order in which they were received.

There is not support for external AVI recording applications, however there is preliminary internal support for recording AVIs built into the latest version of the OptiTrack SDK. To find out more details, you can download the latest SDK and build the C++ cample. There is a "Start recording" button that controls the AVI recording process. You will need Microsofts MPEG 4 version 2 (MP42) codec installed, this can usually be accomplished by installing the a current version of Windows Media Player.

More details can also be found here in the FAQ

[ January 11, 2006, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]
projet35

Post by projet35 »

Hello!!

I have a question in the same idea: I'd like to save a picture taken by a camera of optitrack, but the fact is that I haven't found a way to do it...
I'm using the VB .net sample and it doesn't give me a way to do that.
And by myself I've tried to record an AVI file but without an example (just a few line to start the application) it is hard to find how it works...
Futhermore I haven't find the camRecord sample which is supposed to be in the latest version of the SDK!

Please I need help and I don't have much time

Thanks

Mickael
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by projet35:
Hello!!

I have a question in the same idea: I'd like to save a picture taken by a camera of optitrack, but the fact is that I haven't found a way to do it...
I'm using the VB .net sample and it doesn't give me a way to do that.
And by myself I've tried to record an AVI file but without an example (just a few line to start the application) it is hard to find how it works...
Futhermore I haven't find the camRecord sample which is supposed to be in the latest version of the SDK!

Please I need help and I don't have much time

Thanks

MickaelI believe that the code which demonstrates AVI output (still a preliminary feature) is only present in the C++ sample application. Have you reviewed it?
projet35

Post by projet35 »

Thanks,

but I can't... I have no way to open the C++ sample... :'( !!
And as far as I'm concerned the C++ sample isn't really easy to understand...
I'll try to find a way to have a look on it but if you could give me the lines to record an avi file it will be really nice!

I have another question (sorry it isn't the right place to post it): how is it possible to launch two camera at the same time in the vb .net sample? I know it is possible to do it in C++ but I've made my application in VB .net due to the fact that I could understand the application in C++

PS : sorry if my english is not really good but I'm a french student !!

Thanks
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by projet35:
Thanks,

but I can't... I have no way to open the C++ sample... :'( !!
And as far as I'm concerned the C++ sample isn't really easy to understand...
I'll try to find a way to have a look on it but if you could give me the lines to record an avi file it will be really nice!

I have another question (sorry it isn't the right place to post it): how is it possible to launch two camera at the same time in the vb .net sample? I know it is possible to do it in C++ but I've made my application in VB .net due to the fact that I could understand the application in C++

PS : sorry if my english is not really good but I'm a french student !!

ThanksWe probably will not write/release any additional examples for the AVI output while it is still in the Beta stage. If/when it is transitioned to an offically supported feature, then we will re-evaluate the samples at that time.

Using two (or more) cameras in VB is fairly straightforward, and we do have a VB6 sample application which demonstrates how to do it. If you are interested, please email support@naturalpoint.com with your request and include a link to this thread.