Frame arrival

raspa

Frame arrival

Post by raspa »

Hello,

I'm currently developping a small application interfacing TrackIR through OptiTrack SDK, and I have a problem with the _INPCameraEvents class.
I'm programming in C++, using Windows console, and I can't get any access to the _INPCameraEvents::FrameAvailable function (it doesn"t seem to exist to the eyes of my IDE, hich is .NET).
Does anyone have any clue about that point ?

To give more information, I would like to call the GetFrame() function only when a frame is available, this is why I would like to access the _INPCameraEvents::FrameAvailable function defined in the SDK

Thanks in advance

Christian
dean

Re: Frame arrival

Post by dean »

_INPCameraEvents is a callback function. In other words, you set yourself up to receive it, and it calls you. You can see this in the vc.net2003 sample in the file CameraDlg.h. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for using Optitrack
raspa

Re: Frame arrival

Post by raspa »

Thank you Dean for this quick answer. However, it seems that I absolutely need to build my project with MFC to integrate the _INPCameraEvents , and I'd prefer avoid it (I need to use standard Windows librairies in my project).
Another way for me work would be to get all the information in the consecutive images produced since my last call to getFrame (getting all the last N frames, not only the very last). Is it possible to do so (apparently not), or will it be possible in a future version of the optitrack library ?

Another issue I've just noticed with the Vector kit is an apparent noise in Z estimation in some positions of the head (looking slightly downward) . When capturing also Objects centers in this configuration, I noticed that sometimes one reflector gives birth to two objects very close one the other, and I wondered if that might be the cause of this noisy estimation of Z. Are you aware of such a problem, or might it be an artefact ?

Thanks in advance for your answer(s)

Christian