Great product......for 25min. (Faint Red Lgt)

Zero2121

Great product......for 25min. (Faint Red Lgt)

Post by Zero2121 »

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to the common problem of the device not being detected after clean install. I found various posts with various different solutions but none seem to work for me. I have reinstalled (cleanly) at least fifteen times.......I have cleaned my reg of all "Naturalpoint" keys......I have used the supplied RegFix program.....AND I have tried all of my USB ports. NO GO! Im baffled that for about 1/2 hour the devise worked and now I am left without. If there are any suggestions as to what I do now I am all ears. Thanks in advance!
Zero2121

Re: Great product......for 25min. (Faint Red Lgt)

Post by Zero2121 »

I'll take the silence as a sign that there is no good fix yet.............Phone support here I come!
rodom

Post by rodom »

There are several things mentioned in here to look for...

Questions:

1. What type of system do you use?
2. Desktop or Laptop?
3. Windows XP or 2000?
4. Have you disabled the Power save feature thats on by default in your device manager?
5. USB hub being used?
Zero2121

Post by Zero2121 »

Here are my Comp stats.....

System specs follow:
DESKTOP SYSTEM

AMD 64 3800+
MSI NEO2 Platinum nForce3 Ultra Board
2048MB RAM
Windows XP Pro SP2
2x 80 Gig Raptor HD's
BFG Geforce 6800GT OC
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Saitek X45 HOTAS
CH Rudder Pedals (USB)
500 Watt Power Supply

I have tried unplugging all other USB devices and then plugging in the TrackIR and still end up getting the faint red light. Although I understand that I do have quite a power hungry system and that could be the problem after all. Would you suggest trying the Track IR in a powered USB hub?
Zero2121

Post by Zero2121 »

Also, could you please explain how to turn off the power save feature in the device manager?
HarryLee

Post by HarryLee »

quote:Originally posted by Zero2121:
Also, could you please explain how to turn off the power save feature in the device manager?Here's how:

1) Go to Device Manager and expand the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". You'll get a whole list of USB devices.

2) Right-click on the 1st USB Root Hub and select "Properties.

3) Click the "Power" tab.

4) If the description is NOT "NaturalPoint TrackIR 4", click "Cancel" and repeat steps 2-3 with the next USB Root Hub, and the next, and so on.

5) Once you find the one with "NaturalPoint TrackIR 4" in the description, click the "Power Management" tab and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Then click "OK".

I doubt it's a power issue, but if you think that might be the case, you might try unplugging your optical drives. Should free up more than enough power, if it works after that, then it's probably a power issue.

HTH, and good luck with it! I've had 3 TIR's, 2 TIR 2 that both died of massive hardware failure, and now I've got TIR4 which is working like a champ for a month
Zero2121

Post by Zero2121 »

Thanks for the quick reply but after freeing up the power on my usb ports I still get the "No Device Detected" message after starting up the TrackIR.exe
Biglazy_01

Post by Biglazy_01 »

Join the club, I have tried everything with no answers yet. I sure like having this expencive equipement sitting there collecting dust. Come on NP please get a fix for this out there quick. The product is awesome when it worked. I have the same problem as everyone else, faint red light not detected by windows or anything else for that matter. I just dont get how it worked so well for a week then nothing. Rick let them know we are getting ready for the new software. Or is it comming?
rodom

Post by rodom »

Be sure to email me directly with your issues at rick@naturalpoint.com and we will get them resolved.

If new hardware is the answer we will address that as well.
Bucser

Post by Bucser »

The same problem appeared by me I have e-mailed to you about this Rick. I hope in a fast answer:)