smoothness

hermazoid

smoothness

Post by hermazoid »

- Just received the TrackIR 4. The CD is labeled with the latest version of the installer. Everything seems to work fine - except when in the virtual cockpit in FS9, the view seems to drift slightly in random directions, enough so that I can't aim the mouse & hit the switches accurately unless I zoom in like I have bad eyesight. No matter how hard I try to hold my head still, it still does this. I can also see the 3 reflectors in the tracking window and they seem to be dancing ever so slightly. Any advice on settings to alleviate this?
hermazoid

Re: smoothness

Post by hermazoid »

I haven't used or installed Active Camera
kevin

Post by kevin »

If Active Camera 2004 is installed its head latency could be counteracting with TrackIR�s natural head movement (one program is fighting the other).

If you use TrackIR along with Active Camera 2004 then simply disable the Active Camera 2004 head latency option - which then makes an interesting use of the view presets, which is a nice complement to TrackIR.

In Spot plane view Active Camera 2004 and TrackIR are working perfectly together. The same can be said for external pilot view (easy to pan with TrackIR and walk with the number pad keys).
hermazoid

Post by hermazoid »

After playing around a bit more, and some RTFM, it's behaving much better. I've found that by moving forward (zooming in) it's much easier to mouse aim at switches etc. It's very cool and will take some getting use to. I've been flying 2D for so long, it's a bit dis-orienting.
Oh, also, on the heat issue I've read about here, mine is just warm to the touch, after several hours of flying. Just my experience.
ASUS A8N-32SLI, FX-57, PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI PS