trackIr Crashes

hlender

trackIr Crashes

Post by hlender »

Need some help.
First off I love this product. Performs great in FS9 and FSX. However when I try to use Radar Contact V4 in FSX the moment I click "start" in RCV4, everything freezes in FSX and RCV4 and TrackIr. In FS9 TrackIR is ok no problems. I have tried different senarios but no luck. Has anyone else had this problem? I need some ideas to try to get back in the air in FSX using RCV4
Any Help would be appreciated
Harry
VincentG

Re: trackIr Crashes

Post by VincentG »

I've never tried the application, but since they both are using SimConnect in one way, or another....

Which version of FSUIPC, are you running?
hlender

Post by hlender »

Hi Vincent
I thought I had the right FSUIPC but couldn't find it, so I downloaded Version 4.1.6.0 and installed it. Now it works but takes a while in loading after I start radarcontact 4.3. Is this the current version of FSUIPC you were refering to?
Thanks
Harry
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I believe that might be the current version, the TrackIR doesn't us it, so I'm slightly guessing.

What what in particular is taking a while to load?
hlender

Post by hlender »

Sorry for the delay. Ok let me walk you through it. First I plug in my TrackIR, then I open the software. I get the lights showing that it's on. Now I run FSX. It boots up and I load the flight plan from the flight planner. After everything loads and I see TrackIR is performing OK I do a couple of head moves to check things out. Satisfied, I minimize FSX and open Radar Contact 4. I select the same fltpln from the FSX fltplns. It loads and is ready to click start. When I do click start I get a blue screen and nothing else. After a few seconds I hit ALT+Tab in order to try to get things going. No Luck. Finally I have to CTL+ALT+DEL to close things out and then try again. I can fly the flight in FSX by itself without rcv4. It's only when I start rcv4 do I get a freeze. Again everything performs great with FS9. Just FSX is giving me problems. I'm stumped. I may have to run things by the Radar Contact people. Anything you can do I would appreciate it.
Harry
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

And if you don't load the TrackIR software, does it load fine?
hlender

Post by hlender »

Yes...Loads fine. No Problems
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

My guess is something is conflicting within SimConnect - which both the TrackIR and FSUIPC use.

Do you if the software makes any changes to the simconnect.xml file?
hlender

Post by hlender »

My guess is something is conflicting within SimConnect - which both the TrackIR and FSUIPC use.

Do you know if the software makes any changes to the simconnect.xml file?
I would have no idea. Plus I would have no idea how to check it out. Sorry. It's puzzling that it only does it with FSX. I wonder if anyone else has this problem that owns these software? FSX, rvc4 and TrackIR. I think it's something within FSX that's causing the problem. The question is....what?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Well, simconnect is entirely new, and is only available with FSX.

To check, do a system file search for Simconnect.xml. Once you have done that just open it up in notepad, then cut n' paste the contents here.