Trackir lcd glasses

djsp

Trackir lcd glasses

Post by djsp »

Hi, i would love this system with sensors and lcd screens built into glasses. you could still have the receiver on top of your pc to establish where your head is ie: close, far, to the left or right from the pc, But the other sensors could be built into the glasses using the same technology as in the nokia n95 phones ( acceloromiter i think? ). using lcd screens built into the glasses would enable you to turn around and look up and down just like normal and not have to keep looking in the same direction as the pc screen as the screens are attached to your head. I feel this would be the ultimate design making the experience lifelike and you could even have a real 3D version which uses simular software as 3d cinema to make everything even better. Just some ideas which i, along with alot of my friends would love to see. Have you any plans for any such projects?
Cheers.
I'd just like to tag on the end that this system is really hard to get hold of over here in the U.K do you have plans of a main disributor over here, or do you have any?
Jim

Re: Trackir lcd glasses

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Thanks for extending these ideas, I love what you are talking about, I want to play around with it.

We do have a few resellers in the UK, RC Simulations and also JustFlight.
oqvist

Re: Trackir lcd glasses

Post by oqvist »

emagin z800 visors work essentially that way... visors with some basic headtracking... The problem is though you require really good optics and it�s really expensive if you want to get a good picture... Emagin Z800 is 800x600x2 but the image quality is far from what you are used to otherwise with standard monitors and it still is quite a lot of money.