Trackir 5 malfunction

BlackSun

Trackir 5 malfunction

Post by BlackSun »

I received my Trackir 5 and TrackClip Pro on Tuesday of this week. Installed the version 5.0 of the software and booted up Arma2. The device read the game and everything was working just fine until about 30min into the game. The Trackir seemed to malfunction and lock my players head looking down at the ground and to the left. Moving my head around would do nothing as well as holding alt to look around would do nothing. I have to pause the camera in order for my view to return straight ahead again. I would then have to ctl+tab out of Arma2 and shut down the software for Trackir. I would then reboot the software and wait until it read my movement again. I would then log back into Arma2 and go to options/controls and it would trigger the unit to interact with the game again. The device then works like it is supposed too anywhere from 2 seconds after rebooting the software to 30min, and then glitches into the same view. I have adjusted the light filtering so that it filters the max amount, but this problem occurs at night as well with no other lights in the room on. The v5.0 software will also sometimes lock and only allow movement on one axes, whether it is the x or y. I have to reboot the software again and again, making it literally pointless to have this device on because I can not play the game with it. It will lock in the middle of flying or firefights and kill me. I tried removing the TrackClip pro and using the reflectors instead and still have the same issue. I have the device plugged straight into a USB port and not a hub. I have reduced the problem to the v5.0 software though, I deleted that version and fell back to v4.1.037 � final b and the problem no longer occurs. I prefer the v5.0 though and am wondering if there is a setting that I am missing or if it is conflicting with something else to make this happen? Your help will be GREATLY appreciated. When this device is working I absolutely LOVE it and don�t want to play without it but when this happens in the middle of my game I want to drop kick it out the window!! :mad: Please help!!
Migo

Re: Trackir 5 malfunction

Post by Migo »

Maybe you accidentaly pressed the key for Track-IR pause which is F12 default.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

This occurs after a given period of time?

Have you tried disabling the power saving across the USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Root Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.

This doesn't occur with the 4.1 software?

What version of Windows are you runing?

Any other applications running in the background?
BlackSun

Post by BlackSun »

Yes, I guess you can say that its after a period of time, but not all the time. Sometimes I will load up the software, boot up Arma 2 and then when I get into a server it is already jacked up. I have not tried disabling the power saver on USB but it is a direct link to the MOBO and the mouse, keyboard, Trackir, and my joystick are all plugged in too. Wouldn't those input devices keep it from activating the sleep mode? I am currently running windows XP media edition and no it has not occurred since I have rolled back to the 4.1 version. I have quite a few apps running actually (revatuner, gamebooster, steam, teamspeak, and then of course the trackir.) I don't see any of those conflicting? But maybe they are. Tomorrow I will retry using the Trackclip pro with v4.1 software and see if the same occurs. Thank you for your fast reply and help. I will also try USB energy saver settings.