Help to activate trackir in games!

johnspack

Help to activate trackir in games!

Post by johnspack »

I've just purchased trackir5, and I can't get it to work in games. I can see that head tracking is working in the control panel, all the lights light up that should. I've tried Grid, Dirt, Il2 and many others, no sign that the trackir is working. I'm using xp64 and win7 64, p5q pro motherboard with e8400 cpu with 4gigs pc1066 ram, geforce gtx280, x-fi extremegamer. How do I activate trackir in games?
johnspack

Re: Help to activate trackir in games!

Post by johnspack »

If I need to rma this product, I need to know as soon as possible. I am on a fixed income, and this cost me at least 2 weeks worth of food... Is there a special key to press to activate it under a game?
johnspack

Post by johnspack »

Never mind, all figured out now. Absolutely amazing!!
johnspack

Post by johnspack »

I will highly recommend this product from now on. My only beef is not being able to add a new app and point to a game .exe. Unless I'm missing something?
BattleMetalChris

Post by BattleMetalChris »

I'm getting this issue too. I had TrackIR working fine on my old system and have just got round to installing it on my new one. It was working fine with the old v4 software.

I have a TrackIR v4 without the trackclip, and am running the latest v5 software.

The setup software detects it fine, I can move the view round in that ok, but when I run a game it doesn't move the view at all. Is there something special I need to do to activate it? As I recall, when I used it before it just worked if it was compatible.
johnspack

Post by johnspack »

If your running it under vista/win7, run both the trackir software and the game with admin privileges. I just set the exe properties to always run in admin mode. I run both xp64 and win7 64, and the admin thing isn't needed under xp.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What gaming applications are you using?