ntdll.dll error - solved

Insuber

ntdll.dll error - solved

Post by Insuber »

Hi,

I have a Trackir 5 and the latest drivers & software, on an XP machine, updated to the latest MS service pack and patches.

I kept having an error regarding ntdll.dll when launching the trackir software, causing a program crash and the MS error window. This happened 99 times out of 100.

I tried to replace the ntdll.dll I found in the system32 directory (a Feb-09-2009 version) with an older version (Aug. 2004), and the problem was solved.

Bye,
Insuber
alvinsay

Re: ntdll.dll error - solved

Post by alvinsay »

Hi,

I have the same problem.
However, if I comment out Free() member function after GetObjectData(), the crash would not happen.

Is there any solution besides replacing ntdll.dll with an older version?
Abrupto

Post by Abrupto »

[quote=Insuber]Hi,

I have a Trackir 5 and the latest drivers & software, on an XP machine, updated to the latest MS service pack and patches.

I kept having an error regarding ntdll.dll when launching the trackir software, causing a program crash and the MS error window. This happened 99 times out of 100.

I tried to replace the ntdll.dll I found in the system32 directory (a Feb-09-2009 version) with an older version (Aug. 2004), and the problem was solved.

Bye,
Insuber [/quote]

Hello

How did you suceed to replace the new version with the older one? I've tried that and the older version gets updated as soon as it is copied to the system32 folder,

The ntdll.dll error still occours

Regards
Henrique
Insuber

Post by Insuber »

Hi,

I succeeded by googling a little around and using the Win XP console. By the way, another user solved this same issue by DISPOSING of the double USB hub delivered with the TrackIR, and connecting directly the trackIR (and the TrackIR Pro Clip) to the PC USB ports. Apparently the issue was either an electrical overload of the USB port, or a defect of the hub.

Regards,
Insuber
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Hi,
here is a solution that works fine:

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... mber=40829

Quote:

"BUT! I have been able to get V5 to work by setting the start options to compatibility mode for Win NT 4.0. (rightclick on the icon on the desktop etc.)"

Greetings
Tinman