Auto Panning

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Bob422

Auto Panning

Post by Bob422 »

Is there a chance that auto panning could be added to a future release of the SmartNav software? It would be a great option in first person shooter games.

I have been a TrackIR user since the very first version and loved the mouse emulation. It just kept getting better all the way up to the TrackIR 3 and v3.13 of the software. I bought a SmartNav 3 when it came out so I could get the best of both worlds. I was very happy running v3.13 of the TrackIR software for my FPS games under Windows XP for many years.

A few weeks ago I got a new PC with Windows 7 64-bit and could no longer use the tried and true 3.13 TrackIR software. I am currently using a combination of TrackIR 4.1.038 and SmartNav 3.20.037.2 Sadly the mouse emulation in 4.1.038 is nowhere near as good as it was in 3.13 and has been eliminated in 5x. This is where the SmartNav software could be a game saver for me if an Auto Panning option could be added.

I have been a C-3 Quadriplegic for 21 years and Natural Point has made my life on the PC a very enjoyable experience since day one of the first TrackIR. I'm not sure what I would have done without it. I sincerely hope that the addition of an auto panning option to the SmartNav software is possible and something the team at Natural Point will seriously consider.

Thank You,

Bob Stanley