TrackIR 4Pro: Intermittent Operation Problem

BigA21

TrackIR 4Pro: Intermittent Operation Problem

Post by BigA21 »

Gents,

After recently receiving my new TIR4 Pro (Upgrading from TIR2) I just could not get the software window, head tracking, gauges, heads, etc. to keep working for more than one launch of the software (I thought thats what it was).
The software windows would freeze sometimes. It would not even show the dots in tracking, there was no response on the on screen indicators, and the TIR unit showed the 4 small red LED's and a ORANGE LED on, instead of green blue good stuff.

This was all after several uninstall / reinstalls, and I was just trying to create my new profiles since I could not import my old ver 3.10 TIR2 profiles that served me reliably for several years.

I think I found my problem and wanted to share in case it keeps someone from pulling their hair out.

The TIR4 all worked fine on the supplied profiles, but after I created and copy / pasted backup profiles I had just created into the profiles folder (As I had done for years with the ver 3.10 software without problems) THEN THE PROBLEMS WOULD START.

Remove backup profiles - problems gone.

Reinstall backup profiles - problems return.

I don't see a way in the software or manual to import or export profiles either. Although there is not that much to tweaking up a TIR profile, I still would think that there must be a way to backup and reinstall a profile should it be neccessary instead of having spend the time to go in and out of game to dial a profile in.

But for now as long as I just create all my new profiles in the software and not paste one in - all is OK.
VincentG

Re: TrackIR 4Pro: Intermittent Operation Problem

Post by VincentG »

Thank you for letting us know about your issue, and the time you took to troubleshoot it. If you have anymore issues please feel free to contact us through the forums or directly by email.