calibration problems

gattaca

calibration problems

Post by gattaca »

Hey,
Just got a 6 camera system set up that is set up in a 20' diameter.
The problem is that when I try to calibrate it all I get is Poor results from each camera. Sometimes a Fair will be thrown in but that's the highest I get.
I've set the accuracy on the wand data to slow and tried raising the data points to 1000. Still.....doesn't help.

I move the wand in a circular motion and don't leave the capture area much at all.

Is there something that I'm missing?

Thanks much!
markdc

Re: calibration problems

Post by markdc »

What I do is sit on the floor and wave the wand above my head in a slow circular pattern. The idea being that I don't want my body to block any of cameras from seeing the marker. I usually get mostly excellents, greats and a few goods. Make sure all the cameras are seeing the marker as you wave the wand.
leith

Post by leith »

You may also want to start with the cameras closer to get down your technique and then move to larger volumes and more complex placements from there.
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

You can also try placing a tripod at the center of capture volume or have someone stand there, enable greyscale video, and aim the carmeras so that they are pointing toward generally same point.
In order to get good calibration result it is necessary for cameras field of views to mostly overlap.

Also only wand marker should be visible during wand waving. If camera window frames were turning red, extra marker or other reflective object is in the view. They should be moved out of cameras views or block them using "Block All Visible Points" button.