New TrackIR 4 Users *READ*

PJ_Godzilla

Re: New TrackIR 4 Users *READ*

Post by PJ_Godzilla »

Perhaps someone can help me out. I've got a Trackir 4 with Clip that I'm trying to run with Aces High II. I've written NaturalPoint support repeatedly but they seem unwilling to support their product. I'm trying to run this thing on a Mac Mini Windows XP partition and, while the thing does work sometimes, it usually quits - mostly at inopportune times.

All attmpts to contact the NaturalPoint people have been IGNORED.

I'm about to file a credit card protest and start flaming this unreliable product on the Aces High BB.

The biggest shame of it: I love the product when it works - too bad it's so shammy and unreliable. It look to me as though the FIT was done by a pack of amateurs.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=PJ_Godzilla]Perhaps someone can help me out. I've got a Trackir 4 with Clip that I'm trying to run with Aces High II. I've written NaturalPoint support repeatedly but they seem unwilling to support their product. I'm trying to run this thing on a Mac Mini Windows XP partition and, while the thing does work sometimes, it usually quits - mostly at inopportune times.

All attmpts to contact the NaturalPoint people have been IGNORED.

I'm about to file a credit card protest and start flaming this unreliable product on the Aces High BB.

The biggest shame of it: I love the product when it works - too bad it's so shammy and unreliable. It look to me as though the FIT was done by a pack of amateurs. [/quote]
Hi PJ. As I noted in your other thread, we haven't been ignoring your support requests. I can only find a couple of posts from this weekend. Our office is closed on the weekends, so we're only now getting to forum posts from the past couple of days. If some past emails slipped through the cracks, I apologize. We'll be sure to get to them as soon as we can. In the meantime, I'd recommend waiting for our support manager to help you troubleshoot this before you take any other steps.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
guille5577

Post by guille5577 »

Hi,

I saw that some people have problems with TrackIR. I had the same problem, using TrackIR 5 software, sometimes the software didn't recognize my Track IR 4 PRO and the RED LED was on and the Blue one was flashing 10 in 10 seconds. One of the users solved the problems changing the hardware in the place he bought. I really confused now because I had the same problem but if I use TrackIR 4 software it works fine. Should I ask to change my TrackIR 4 PRO?? I can not use Software version 5. I bought it one month ago.

Tks.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If the device is still working with the TrackIR 4 software, then you would have a different issue.

Are you connected directly to the PC, or are you using a hub?

What version of Windows are you running?
guille5577

Post by guille5577 »

Thanks for the answer Vicent.

I'm using Windows XP SP3. I bought it to use on Flight Simulator 2004 or FSX. For this game it is working perfect, I could set the speed as I had asked you before, tks.
As I bought TrackIR 4 PRO and cheked that I can use it in racing games or games like ARMA2, I decided to buy these games.

I load the TrackIR software and the green led turns on. When I load Arma2 automatically the blue led turns on and TrackIR doesn't work in the game.

I don't know if I have to do something different. I'm new with the software and hardware once I only used it with Flight Simulator.

I have 3 games and only in one of them I can use TrackIR.

PS: I forgot to say that I'm using it direct in my computer.
MB: P6T
Intel I920
VGA NVidia GTS8800 640mb
2Gb DDR3 1333
Tks.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

For ArmA2 there are a few extra steps required -

Make sure that you have ArmA 2 listed on your games list, with the TrackIR software:

TrackIR 4 software � Update -> Check for games update -> Restart software

TrackIR 5 software � TrackIR button -> Check for games update -> Restart software

Start ArmA 2
Under Options -> Controls -> Controller, and make sure the TrackIR is enabled
Enjoy TrackIR support

What racing game are you using?
guille5577

Post by guille5577 »

Great,

It means my hardware is ok. I will do these steps you said.

The racing game is Dirt2.

I will update the games on Trackir software. I know Arma2 and Dirt2 are listed on my games list but if I double click on them, a new window opens "Title Details". In this window I have:

Title: Arma2 or Dirt2
Version required: Any
Axis supported: All the axis are not able

Tks
g7usl

Post by g7usl »

MY TrackIR-4 is causing sporadic 'Random Views' to appear while using it with the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke. This is happening with FS9 and FSX.

I only have the vector clip.

Please advise?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

answered via email
kwikgt

Post by kwikgt »

Tried to install TrackIR-4.1.035 CD on my new windows 7 computer and got the following message: Componant coolixpbutton.ocx or one of it's dependancies not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid. Thanks for any help.