FSX TIR stopped working, blue light still on

razorseal

FSX TIR stopped working, blue light still on

Post by razorseal »

Hello

I had a problem with my FSX and I tried to uninstall it, and it wouldn't let me... so I just deleted the FSX folder and did 'repair' from the DVDs.. it installed what it needed, and it repaired it and I got FSX working again... but TIR will not work... in the TIR software, it shows it has that it's on FSX profile, and also the blue light is on... but it will not move the head around =/ TIR is working on evertything else..

any help? :(
razorseal

Re: FSX TIR stopped working, blue light still on

Post by razorseal »

ok apparently if I delete the stuff in the WinSXS and then repair, it might fix it.. problem is I can't delete this stuff! I gave the folder full access, but when I attempt to delete (even just move the files or even rename) it says I ened permission form system to perform this action....

I'm running Windows 7... any help?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Make sure that you are running both the TrackIR software, and FSX as an admin (right click on the exe for each, and select run as admin)

Do you have sp1/sp2 installed for FSX?
razorseal

Post by razorseal »

yes, SP1 and SP2 are installed on there, I'm going to run them as admin and see what happens, but I never had to do that before, and it was always working just fine
razorseal

Post by razorseal »

Didn't work.. I know it had nothign to do with that...

now about deleting these winsxs stuff, it won't let me do it.l.. any trick to it? I installed kubuntu so I could access them without windows' help but having trouble starting kubuntu up so....

ahhh what a hassle =/
razorseal

Post by razorseal »

ok now I deleted all those files in the Winsxs folder, and reinstalled FSX... STILL NOTHING!!! I'm really bummed out about this. I did run both with admin priv.

please help! :(
razorseal

Post by razorseal »

let me also add and say that the reinstall DID not replace 3-4 folders that was deleted (those simconnect files) because of this I can't also install FSUIPC now...

I'm very upset, and the only thing I can think of is actually formatting the stupid computer and I really don't want to do taht...
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Even with a clean install of FSX, the folders are not reinstalling?

Have you tried loading a backup version of the OS?
razorseal

Post by razorseal »

They are not... I'm getting this error now. (I think I messed up something in winsxs folder)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/a ... 1269222814