Quirks in FS9

flamer

Quirks in FS9

Post by flamer »

Hi Folks,

I am brand new to Track IR and have found that it makes a green coloured band across the runway just in front of the aircraft and also that it makes the aircraft very slow. That is, the ASI does not start to move until about halway down the runway and also the airspeed does not get much above 50 KIAS obviously the aircraft do not takeoff.

In FSX ihave no problems. Does anyone have any hints or tips for FS9?

Regards...Kenny
VincentG

Re: Quirks in FS9

Post by VincentG »

The is nothing within the TrackIR software, which would prevent the aircraft from gaining speed, or taking off.

Do you have the latest video card drivers installed on the system?

Any add-ons installed for FS2004?

Do you have AA settings enabled, or disabled in the video card drivers?
flamer

Post by flamer »

Mmmm. Hi Vincent.

This anomaly only happened after I installed Track IR. That is why I assumed the unit was causing this effect. When I use FS2004 without it there is no anomaly.

Yes I have the latest drivers installed for my card.

I have lots of add-ons. FSUIPC, CH yoke and pedals, aircraft and scenery.

I have AA settings enabled in my card software settings.

Regards...Kenny
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried disabling AA?
flamer

Post by flamer »

Hi Vincent.

Thanks for sticking with this, however having read through various posts I think I have it sussed. Extraneous natural daylight, camera/tcp line of sight angles and seat height have all come into play in causing this problem. Although, I must say that it seems to be a common one especially with the latest software version. I say that after reading the posts of guys who have similar issues.

I will have to find a reply I made to another thread where I really slated the product as being no use to me. Now that I seem to worked my way to a solution I think very highly of it. I will post an apology and retract what I said.

Regards....Kenny