Two strange problems with software

riccardo74

Two strange problems with software

Post by riccardo74 »

Hi to all people,
yesterday I formatted my pc and installed TrackIr 5 (not beta, but stable version). But I have those problems.

1) It seems trackir software doesn't to save my settings after I close it and relaunch it. Doesn't save the option "TrackClipPro", nor "Minize to tray". And every time I start Windows7 TrackIR windows is opened (not minized) and my device is on TrackClip and not TrackCLipPro (as I choosen) and I have to redo all settings every time. Before formattig I had not this issue with the same software version 5.0

2) second problem....when I am in pan view (I mean with FSX) I can't pan around with my joy but only with trackIr, is it normal?
VincentG

Re: Two strange problems with software

Post by VincentG »

#2 first - Yes, if the TrackIR is active, FSX determines that the TrackIR is the primary method for view control. It will only allow other options to control the view if you pause and/or close the TrackIR software.

1 - Are you logged in as an admin?

Are you fully closing the software, and restarting, or is it minimized, when the system is restarted?
riccardo74

Post by riccardo74 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]

1 - Are you logged in as an admin?

Are you fully closing the software, and restarting, or is it minimized, when the system is restarted? [/quote]

#1 - Yes, I am

When Windows 7 starts, also TrackIr software window pop-up. I choose minimize to tray and TrackClipPro, but if I restart Windows 7 nothing change. TrackIR window opens like if I no made changes, no flagged "Minimize to Tray" and no "TrackCLipPro" orange label selected, and no "Advanced settings" tab selected
Long_Ranger

Post by Long_Ranger »

Hi Vincent

I am having the same problem as Riccardo.. Every time I start my comp the trackir window starts on the desktop and I have to manually set all the parameters then minimize to tray.

I have managed to cure the TIR starting on the desktop by manually altering and saving the xml file from 0 to 1 in the following lines.

I am still having to manually switch the track clip to track clip pro and the default setup to smooth. Clicking on the 'save' icon appears to do nothing.

Hope this helps
riccardo74

Post by riccardo74 »

Maybe I solved the issue.....try to do it:

1) when Windows7 starts and TIR windows pop-up go to TrakcIR Appication Options (the wrench icon)

2) choose only Run Minimized (you can select either "Check for" buttons if you want)

3) close TrackIR windows (red cross on the top right corner)

4) Restart Windows 7

For me works fine, and it launchs at Windows7 starts up. If not, try to check either "Run OS System Start Up), but remember to click OK and then close TrackIR window with red cross and then restart your PC.

Let me know, I hope it is helpfull for you