trackir 5 software error at start up

Pedro Figueiredo

trackir 5 software error at start up

Post by Pedro Figueiredo »

I'm having an error at start up with software 5.0 Final and 5.1 beta.
Runs fine with 4.1.037.
OS windows xp Professional 32bits SP3
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series Driver 8.801

It used to work with version 5.0 Final. Not anymore.
WB-Chekdar

Re: trackir 5 software error at start up

Post by WB-Chekdar »

I am also having a problem. I was running an Nvidia 9800GT with TrackIR 4 updated to TrackIR 5, with no problems. The Nvidia card crashed and the warranty replacement I received is an ATI Radeon HD 5750. TrackIR no longer works in IL-2 Sturmovik (haven't tried FSX yet). Also tried the latest 5.3 beta. I set it back to the TrackIR 4.1.037 final. The device is now recognized by the computer, and the lights come on but is still non-functioning in-game. I receive the message with T-IR5 that it has encountered a problem, needs to close, and will send a report to Microsoft. So, I'm guessing that there is a conflict with my ATI card and TrackIR that the latest update hasn't fixed. - ?
WB-Chekdar

Post by WB-Chekdar »

I have gotten TrackIR to work with one of the v4.1 beta versions. At least I can use it now.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Have you looked at updating to the latest version of the ATI software?

When it crashes, with the 5.1 software, can you send in a copy of the trdb.log file that is created (Program files\TrackIR 5\)?
WB-Chekdar

Post by WB-Chekdar »

It's a new graphics card, and I have checked for and installed the latest video updates. I'll reinstall v5.1 and look for the log file, thank you.
ahalin

Post by ahalin »

I have just bought TrackIR 4:PRO and am having similar software problems launching TrackIR software versions 5.1 beta 03 and 5.0 - Final B. Although I followed the instructions re install, plug in camera then reboot before launching, I get the message "T-IR5 has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I did manage to launch the software once after a couple of my many clean installs, but if it is closed (eg on shutdown) the software will not open again and gives above error message.

Version 4.1.037 - Final B starts fine and works as expected with IL-2 1946, apart from occasionally getting stuck looking at the bottom right of the cockpit, which I solve with either the F9 key or by covering the TrackIR camera for a few seconds.

The system does not work with MS FSX or LOMAC, but I'll save that for a separate post.

I am running Windows XP SP3, on a Dell Dimension 5100 with a 3gb processor and 4gb of RAM. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series 512mb graphics card, the display is running at 1024x768 and the DirectX (9 I think) tests all work fine.

Thanks!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Please email support, with your log file, and system specifications.