This product should be HUGE

Xenos911

This product should be HUGE

Post by Xenos911 »

Hello,

I came across this product when doing research on the 3d visors which will hit the market soon, namely the Cinemizer and the Sony HMZ-T1 3d visors. I do believe that this product has the potential to become large, but it definitely needs a push. i think these 3d visors will help quite a bit if they catch on. IMO the problem with the trackIR is that most people have screens which are not large enough to warrant moving your head, however if totally immersed in a game, with a visor displaying an image the max size your eyes can see, it will feel far more natural. Also, will significantly reduce the centering feeling for having the eyes locked directly on the center of a screen while turning the head to look in a direction. The current generation visors fail because they are 4:3 ratio and with a high pixel count, but the new OLED ones are 720p, the max size for 3d video on hdmi cables.

Getting support from the gaming companies is going to be very difficult, just because of how small the community is, relatively speaking. Probably the best thing you can do is really focus on the software side of it. I think that as immersion gains markets, this will be the product people turn to to get that extra realism out of playing. Either that, or Nvidia ATI or Sony will buy you out and it will definatly get popular.