FS2004 (Possibly FS2002) and TR Issues

golson33

FS2004 (Possibly FS2002) and TR Issues

Post by golson33 »

This may be helpful to any who have FS2004 (or FS2002) loaded up on a different directory than the basic setup required by MS, and are unable to get their TRACKIR working.
I have FS2004 loaded (with about 150 aircraft/scenery/etc., that I've built over the years) on my 500gb harddrive. It appears as my "I" drive. More specifically "I:\Flight Simulator". I loaded my TRACKIR 4 with updates to "5", and could not get it to work, even though Mike (from tech support) and I tried to figure out, with sensors flashing, (yes - it was responding to the program) why it was not working.
I dicovered over a few days of experimentation, that it WOULD work on an originally loaded FS2004 (requiring the FS2004 disk 4 in the drive)with no add-ons. It worked GREAT. Then I started to add-on aircraft that had VC (virtual cockpits), and IT WORKED. ........... next question - Why wasn't it working on my "I" drive where all my stuff was?
Long story short: After all the experimentaion, I discovered that the "key" to the problem was ------ I had used an addon to get rid of all that phony stuff MS added to the program to show you when you in the bottom left corner when you had the BRAKES engaged, etc... I reasoned: Since FS2004 worked on a normal computer in normal "loaded" configuration, then I was obviously missing something in my FS9 on my "I" drive.
The only thing I could come up with that was different from my FS9 and the basic was the "language.dll" FILE that I had introduced to "clean" the MS nonsense about the "brakes".
The problem was solved with the following procedure:
I copied the original "LANGUAGE.DLL" off my FS2004 disk (I think it was on disk 1 or 2 ) and sent it to my "I:\Flight Simulator" main directory.
When I loaded my Flight Sim afer first starting my FLIGHTIR program, it came up without a problem.........now I am able to use TRACKIR 4/5 on my "I" drive with all my old airplanes and scenery without problem.
I hope this will help some of you with your issues on FS2004.
email me if I can be of help --- TRACKIR support guys (Mike and Seth) have been phenominal).

Oggie