Smart Navi 4 does not close automatically when restarting the computer

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
doctor

Smart Navi 4 does not close automatically when restarting the computer

Post by doctor »

Hello.
I am using Smart Navi 4 on Windows 11.
When restarting the OS, a dialog box saying "This app is preventing restart" is displayed along with a force quit button and a cancel button. However, by the time this message appears, Smart Navi 4 has already stopped working, and since I can't move my arms and legs, I can't forcefully terminate it by operating the mouse.
If I close the application before restarting, the dialog won't appear, but I have to ask my helper to use the mouse to restart it, which is very inconvenient.
Is there a way to prevent the dialog from appearing even if I restart Smart Navi 4 without closing it?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Smart Navi 4 does not close automatically when restarting the computer

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi doctor,

I apologize for the delayed response. I looked into this further, and I found this link with instructions on several methods to allow the computer to restart putting up the "This app is preventing restart" roadblock: https://www.partitionwizard.com/partiti ... tdown.html.

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
doctor

Post by doctor »

Among the methods in the link you found, I had already tried "disabling fast startup", but it did not solve the problem.
I would like to try "Configure Auto End Task" and "Run Power Troubleshooter".
I can't operate a computer right now, but I'll try it out and report the results once I know the results. thank you.
doctor

Post by doctor »

When I executed the linked "Auto-termination task settings", the dialog no longer appeared when restarting. Thank you for your help.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hi doctor,

I am glad to hear that this method worked for your needs.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative