Noob alert, can't get demos working with TrackIR

xuhavon

Noob alert, can't get demos working with TrackIR

Post by xuhavon »

I've got my head tracking working ok and mouse emulation, but I have no clue on how to load profiles to get games to work with Trackir, some dumbed down advice would be help full.

I installed the MS Ship demo that came on the driver disk and selected TrackIr in the settings, but it will not work, and I downloaded the RACE demo and cannot find trackIR setting or get it to work
it'll be a few day before my copy of FSX comes and I'd like to see this thing working.
Any help would be appreciated.
Barred

Re: Noob alert, can't get demos working with TrackIR

Post by Barred »

Hi, let�s take your problems/concerns one at a time.

To load your profiles.
If you have a profile say off the net that you want to load into TIR and that you installed TIR into the default directory and the TIR software is not running. You need to open the profile directory at c:/Programs/NaturalpointzTrackIR/Profiles and then just copy your profile across to the Profiles folder.

Unfortunately I cannot help with the ship demo as I have never run it.

On to Race.
If you are not running 4.1.030 I would down load it from http://naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-supp ... nuals.html. Once you have downloaded the file you need to uninstall the older driver/software.
Go to Start/Control Panel/Add/Remove Software and then uninstall the Naturalpoint/TrackIR listing.
Once your software is uninstalled, unplug your TIR camera and switch off your PC; give it a few seconds and re-start you PC (this is different to just restarting your PC and makes sure that there is no residue drivers present in RAM.
Install the 4.1.030 software and then plug your camera back in.
Once the drivers have been found, install any profiles that you want to use(see above) and then make sure you your Game Updates are installed, run your TIR Software and then go to Updates.
Once all that is done then Race should automatically recognise that you have TIR (if it is running before launching Race (before now I have started a game then opened my TIR software as I have forgotten to launce the TIR first.))and load the appropriate driver when starting.
In Simbin's earlier releases (GTR and GT Legends) you could widen the range of the camera in the .PLR file but now the .Plr is encrypted.
I would think that once the above has been done that the Ship demo should also recognise that TIR is installed allowing you to use your TIR in there as well.

I am running FSX under Vista with no problems with ver 4.1.030 and having the latest game update. The same went for my XP Pro set up.

Good luck with you TIR and many hours of enjoyment with TIR.
xuhavon

Post by xuhavon »

Thanks for the reply Barred, I uninstalled the software/reinstalled and it all come good

With the hat attachment its all sweet however I just can't get the Clip pro to calibrate(if thats the word for it), is there a guide for setting it up, I get the three dots ok but it seems to read my head movements as inverted and erratic. i just seen an update avaliable and will try that.
Thanks again.
xuhavon

Post by xuhavon »

Ok, the new trackIr software did the trick, its so much better than the hat attachment

I did get an "Unhandled Error" popup diag box on exiting the game though and error dump appcompat.txt file postmarked to MS.
TrackIr crashed but was relaunchable no worries, is that any cause for concern ?
Barred

Post by Barred »

I would not worry about the error if every thing is working ok. Reboot and see if it pops up again if not all is good.

Enjoy your TIR
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Good tips, and help sir.........