Setting TrackIR4 default "center" view - question

brettxw

Setting TrackIR4 default "center" view - question

Post by brettxw »

Not sure how to exactly explain my question. It may sound confusing and I apologize for that.

When in the virtual cockpit, my default view is pretty close to the windshield, with a little of the control panel visible at the bottom. That makes it hard almost impossible to look down far. Is there any way to set it so TrackIR default center is farther from the windshield? To show more of the panel as if I were to be really be sitting in the chair?
VincentG

Re: Setting TrackIR4 default "center" view - question

Post by VincentG »

What gaming application are you using?
oldflyboy

Post by oldflyboy »

Same problem here using the Track Clip Pro with FSX (Acceleration). I have tried various changes to z-axis but still have a view too close to the panel (and too low also). The only way for me to adjust is to recenter TrIR5 with my head well forward, then move back. It usually takes several tries to get it reasonably close to what I want. Of course that still doesn't solve the problem of being too low in the seat.
Is there any way to adjust the TrIR or FSX config. file to set the "center" head position?
Any help appreciated.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Yes, you actually need to edit the aircraft.cfg file to adjust the recenter position to your liking.