Lockon 2.0

Wolf_Rider

Lockon 2.0

Post by Wolf_Rider »

might be me... but I make a profile and assign that profile to Lockon 2, yet I find the Default profile is the one which is used in game. Smooth head movement all round (no flickering flight panel )
Set Profile made for Lockon 2 to Exclusive, that loads in game but in the cockpit, the flight panel flickers. Disable camera and flight panel stops flickering, whilst some head movement is scratchy.

WIndows 7 64 bit/ TIR4 unit (vector clip) with TIR5 Final B software
VincentG

Re: Lockon 2.0

Post by VincentG »

What video card/drivers are you using, on the system?

IR software minimized?
Wolf_Rider

Post by Wolf_Rider »

Hi

Yes software is minimised
I'm using an EVGA GTX285 (1Gb) and Geforce 9800GT (set for PhysX) combo, with nVidia 197.13 drivers.

There is no FPS loss.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Scratchy head movement, with the TrackIR disabled?

HAve you tried the 197.45 software, for the video card?

Any anti aliasing settings set within the application, or video card drivers?
Wolf_Rider

Post by Wolf_Rider »

sorry, my bad... that was very poorly put on my part.

"Disable camera and flight panel stops flickering. When camera is active, some head movement is scratchy." Mostly when Head position is looking down (tilted but not fully tilted) looking at the flight panel. The flickering is a subtle one

I didn't notice any flickering with the Default Profile, which was loading itself, though I will double check and get back to you. I do recall, that this profile was as smooth as silk in its movements

No, I haven't tried the 197.45 drivers... are they new Beta drivers? *( Late Edit I've just seen they a new WHQL, so I'll give them a go)

Yes, I have (in nVidia control panel) AA set at Overide and 4x, for the sim and card settings tagged to the simulator.exe
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Try turning off the AA, for testing.
Wolf_Rider

Post by Wolf_Rider »

Sorry... been out making hay whilst the sun shone.

Tried the new drivers, with no difference noted.
Default Profile still loads, when custom Profile assigned.

will try turning off AA and let you know.
Wolf_Rider

Post by Wolf_Rider »

sorry for taking so long...

Problem sorted.
I was running Windows 7 Ulimate 64bit with TIR software installed to default directory, which places a folder into users/ account name/ appa data/ local/ virtual store... which is fair enough
But I found with some games, in setting the game root folder to 'User' Full Control (considering I already run in Aministrator mode, some programs must run as User, not Administrator, which has me scratching my head on that one) I found better game playability. Games run smoother better and allows config files to be backed up/ modified, etc without getting locked out. (clicking a shortcut and checking the Run As Administrator box, kicks in the UAC each time at startup).

Originally with TIR I just ran as default installed, but switched the root folder settings later.

so... after removing the TIR folder in the Virtual Store, the custom profile I made for LOCKON now kicks in and runs in game :)

the flickering I reported, just turned out to be micro movements of my head. The scratchyness is gone as well.

interesting though...

LOCKON had folder in VIrtual Store
TIR had a Folder there
Razer mouse has one there as well
but MS FSX doesn't, neither does any other installed program
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If you look, I would bet that those are also applications that are installed in the Program files (x86) folder. I believe that FSX is installed outside of the Program files folder.
Wolf_Rider

Post by Wolf_Rider »

there is an FSX folder @ C:\Users\name \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

but default install for FSX is (at least as it was on my disc; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X