New Sim with TrackIR 5

pinkfloydlloyd

New Sim with TrackIR 5

Post by pinkfloydlloyd »

I am currently in the process of building a sim that will use FSX and would I like to use a TrackIR 5.

The sim will have a projected front image using two projectors displaying a 2D view with no panels. One monitor in front of the user displaying the 2D instrument panel and finally there will be an additional monitor used to display outside views of the aircraft.

My questions are:

Can the TrackIR be fixed to just influence the projected 2D view in front of the user and not the monitors?

Does the TrackIR snap to VC views when looking to the side in 2D cockpit (like when using the keyboard Num Pad), or is it a smooth movement without the airframe in view?

Many thanks in advance!

SS
VincentG

Re: New Sim with TrackIR 5

Post by VincentG »

1 - The TrackIR is designed to control only the main system view, so unless the secondary monitors are part of the main "camera" view it should not effect it.

The 2D cockpit view will retain the flight panel, in front of the user, until it gets to about 45% off-center where it disapperas.
pinkfloydlloyd

Post by pinkfloydlloyd »

Thank you for your reply!

Could you please confirm once past 45 degrees off center that the 2D view continues without the panel or does it revert to the 3D cockpit view?

Thanks again for your help,

SS
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It never reverts to the 3d view, when in the 2d view, you have to manually sweitch between the views.