TrackIR for outside view only

procyon

TrackIR for outside view only

Post by procyon »

Hi,

after searching without success pls apologize if this question has been asked before:
I'm considering to use TrackIR in FSX with the outside view only.
My setup: I have my panels displayed on two dedicated screens (2D) and the outside view linked to a Matrix TH2Go (3 dedicated screens).
Can TrackIR be linked to the outside view window only so that I can use it in FSX 2D mode?

Many Thanks for your help

Procyon
VincentG

Re: TrackIR for outside view only

Post by VincentG »

There is some limited movement, view control, in the other views within FSX.

One of the new features of FSX is the expansion of TrackIR into the different view modes. You still have use of the TrackIR in the "Virtual Cockpit" mode, with full 6 DOF support, but this has also been expanded to the other views as well. As always, to disable the TrackIR rotation in the different view modes, just press the F9 key (default) to pause the TrackIR software.

"2D Cockpit" mode - TrackIR has support for head movement in both the Yaw and Pitch axes.

Outside View: Tail � Similar to the 2D cockpit mode, in that there is support for both the Yaw and Pitch axes.

Outside View: Spot � Rotating your head in the Yaw axis direction (looking left and right) will cause the view to rotate to the side that you are looking at (i.e. if you look to left, your view will rotate so you are looking at the left side of the aircraft).
procyon

Post by procyon »

Many Thanks for the quick reply Vincent.

Just for clarification though
>> "2D Cockpit" mode - TrackIR has support for head movement in both the Yaw and Pitch axes.

So does this mean the frontview window is supported?

Thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

front view window?