better ways to activate precision mode

dswo

better ways to activate precision mode

Post by dswo »

I've been using TIR3 for about five months, mainly for Flight Simulator. A great, great product. The only time I think to myself "This could really work better" is when I am using the mouse to do something in the virtual cockpit (e.g., set a radio). I know, this is what "precision mode" is for. But there should be a smoother way to get in and out of this. Two suggestions:

- When the mouse is moved for more than a second, automatically go into precision mode. Then, when the mouse stops being used for hallf a second, go back to normal mode.

- If that's too tough, enable mouse buttons for hotkeys. E.g., allow the TIR user to set the middle mouse button to turn precision mode on and off.
3ra_Luke

Re: better ways to activate precision mode

Post by 3ra_Luke »

As an alternative, could be possible use the Z axis to "measure" the proximity to the screen of the monitor, and activate the precision mode.

Example: IL-2 Forgotten Battles. When I do maxium zoom to attack ground troops, I always must to avoid even the minium movement of my head to avoid big movements of the view, so, could be possible to activate precision mode when I get closer of my screen?

Lomac could be a good example too, attacking with the Su-25.

What do you think?