More Canadian Dealers?

Frumpus

More Canadian Dealers?

Post by Frumpus »

I didn't know where else to put this:

Have you considered expanding your dealership within Canada? I'm sure some Canadian Flight-Simming communities would LOVE to offer your product.

I live in Canada, and in simple terms, TrackIR's are not "easy" to find here. Also, there is currently only ONE "authorized" dealer in Canada: www.extremegamingdevices.com I've had two dealings with EGD, and I must say the customer service is lacking. I phoned - what must have been - a personal cel phone number listed on the site to order TrackIR. The person who finally answered was very curt, as if I had interrupted something more important. She told me to phone back after the weekend.

Today, I phoned both numbers several times. No answer.

I sent an email asking several questions; They replied a day later using "minimalist" answers. (It's terrible, but this reminds me of what happens when you try to get information from a governmental office.)

I don't really feel like supporting their business.

Sincerely,
Allan in Saskatoon

P.S. I hadn't even begun to talk about the price difference:
-price for US customers ~$180-200 USD incl. shipping
-Price for CDN customers via EGD: ~$245 USD incl. shipping

[ January 14, 2006, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Frumpus ]
kevin

Re: More Canadian Dealers?

Post by kevin »

Hello,

Your experience is definitely a-typical regarding EGD, they have been a reliable dealer in Canada for some time now.

At this point we do not have any plans to add more Canadian dealers. If you know of anyone interested in becoming a TrackIR dealer in Canada please have them get in touch with us and we can get them set up.

I checked EGD's website and his prices seem reasonable once you take in to account duties, taxes and local warranty service.

-Kevin